The Iconic Utilization
Post & Beam
Post and beam barns boast a style that is recognizable worldwide. They have dotted the countryside in a picturesque manner for decades. This speaks to their durability, timeless style, and practical value.
Roofline & Style Kits
Our kits feature the roofline styles below. Each option provides a unique look that is beneficial in different scenarios. Once the roofline style is selected, we work with customers on customizing the length, width, lean-tos, accessories, upgrades, and more of their kit to ensure it fits their needs and budget.
The Knox Series
The Armstrong Series
The Hutchinson Series
The Grayson Series
The Bandera Series
Take a detailed look at the components that make up a post and beam barn kit. Click a number to learn about the components.
- Bent Framing (6”x6” to 6”x12” fully dimensional are typical, kiln-dried Rough Cut Douglas fir)
- Plate Connections (Powder Coated)
- Rough Cut Roof Sheathing
- Roof Underlayment
- Rough Cut Fascia Boards
- Board & Batten Siding – Rough Cut Pine (Board – 1”x10”, Batten – 1”x4”)
- Pressure Treated Sill Plates
- Girt Wall Framing (2”x6” Pine wall girt framing placed 24” OC with heavy-duty girt screws)
- Purlins (4”x6” Douglas fir roof purlins placed 30” OC with heavy-duty purlin screws)
- Rough Cut Floor Joists*
- Rough Cut Floor Decking*
- Loft Doors*
- Barn Doors*
- Barn Windows*
- Foundation – configurations vary
- Roofing Materials
* Available as an upgrade/accessory option | Not provided by Legacy. Typical options shown for reference.
Pre-designed Post And Beam Barn Kits
Inspiration comes in all forms, and our pre-designed barn kits are a great way to get started on your post and beam journey. These kits range in size from 792 sq ft to over 2,300 sq ft and are truly a starting point. Each starts as a base model and then we customize it to meet each customers needs. Visit our pre-designed kit page to get a general idea of costs and styles and then contact us to discuss more.