High-quality Douglas fir: used for all load-bearing structural bent-work materials.
- Pre-cut & drilled kiln-dried Douglas fir post & beam frame, 6″x6″-6″x12″ standard (can upgrade to larger sizes):
- Rafter Beams
- Tie Beams
- Lateral Beams
- 4″x 6″ Douglas fir roof purlins placed 30″ OC with heavy-duty purlin screws
- Black powder-coated 1/4″ steel plate joinery and hardware
Note: All standard building plans are designed to withstand wind loads of 90 mph, and snow loads of 35 lbs/sq ft, but can be engineered to fit local requirements.
Rough-cut pine: used for all non-structural framing, siding, and sheathing materials.
- 2″x 6″ pine wall girt framing placed 30″ OC with heavy-duty girt screws
- 2″x 6″ pressure-treated sill plate with anchor bolts
- Rough-cut pine fascia and siding
- 1″x 8″ rough-cut pine roof sheathing and tar paper
- 2″x 6″ rough-cut pine framing for standard window and door openings
- Rough cut fully dimensional pine 1″ X 10″ board and 1″ x 4″ batten siding
- Foundation Plan
- Building Plan
- Construction Guide