Post And Beam Homes
Post and beam home kits are the most affordable way to achieve a timber framed home and the best quality option when considering a barn home.
The exposed rough cut Douglas-fir beams add a distinguished beauty and powerful statement of strength that accentuates the barn home style and resonates as a true timber frame structure. Each of our kits is custom designed for our customers by our in-house CAD team. We then handcraft the kit in our shop one bent at a time, and when complete, disassemble it and send it to the job site for onsite reassembly. Legacy kits can be found all across the US and we can even send them to Canada.
Below Are A Few Of The Most Popular Reasons Customers Choose A Legacy Post & Beam Home Kit:
Open floor plans
Adding a loft (second floor) is extremely cost-effective:
Structural materials add aesthetic appeal
When it comes to quality, Legacy is unmatched. Not only do we use kiln-dried Douglas fir for our bent work components, but we also include more items in our standard kit contents than many other kit providers. We do this to ensure your kit comes the way you expected it. After all, while we’re building your Legacy, we’re also building ours!
The Knox Series
The Armstrong Series
The Huchinson Series
The Grayson Series
The Bandera Series
Post And Beam Home Basics
Take a detailed look at the components that make up our post and beam living space kits. Items in black text (in the key) are available from Legacy, either as a part of a standard kit, or upgrade option. Items in red text are not provided by Legacy but are shown for reference.
- Bent Framing (6”x6” to 6”x12” fully dimensional are typical, kiln-dried Rough Cut Douglas fir)
- Plate Connections (Powder Coated)
- Upgraded Purlins+ (4”x6” Douglas fir roof purlins placed 24” OC with heavy-duty purlin screws)
- Board & Batten Siding – Rough Cut Pine (Board – 1”x10”, Batten – 1”x4”)
- Pressure Treated Sill Plate
- Basement Girder Beam*
- Upgraded Roof Sheathing+
- Vapor Barrier+
- Nailbase Roof Insulation Panel+ (a. Foam Insulation, b. OSB Nailbase)
- Roofing Underlayment+
- Upgraded Rough Cut Fascia Boards+
- 2”x6” T&G Floor Decking*
- Rough Cut Floor Joists*
- 2”x6” Dimensional Stud Framing (16”OC)++
- OSB Wall Sheathing++
- Wall Insulation
- Floor Trusses
- Foundation – configurations vary (a. Slab-on-grade, b. Basement/Crawl Space/etc.)
* Available as an upgrade/accessory option | Not provided by Legacy. Typical options shown for reference.
+ Included with Residential Roof Package
++ Included with Vertical Wall Framing Package
See additional drawings and diagrams of our post and beam kits here.
Interactive Home Tour
Pre-Designed Post And Beam Kits
Inspiration comes in all forms, and our pre-designed home kits are a great way to get started on your post and beam journey. These kits range in size from 528 sq ft to over 2,500 sq ft and are truly a starting point. Each starts as a base model and then we customize it to meet each customers needs. The roofline and bent structure are defined, which generates cost savings on the design side, and allows us to offer the kits at a reduced rate. Visit our pre-designed kit page to get a general idea of costs and styles and then contact us to discuss more.