Featured Project: A1 Al’s Pheasant Ranch.
Take a peek inside this breathtaking hybrid post and beam lodge and learn about the environmentally sound building techniques that make it one of the most sustainable of its kind.
1. Between the walls of this lodge lie Structural Insulated Panels (SIPS), which offer 50-75% higher R-values than traditional fiberglass insulation.
2. Temperature is maintained throughout the building using primarily Geo-thermal heating and cooling.
3. Natural lighting is used where possible and all of the artificial lights are LED bulbs, which use 75% less energy, and last 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs.
4. The beautiful exposed timbers are sourced from mills that follow responsible timber harvesting practices
5. Re-purposed materials were used to create stunning interior finishes.
6. A steel roof was chosen because it lasts longer, is made of recycled materials, and is 100% recyclable if it is ever replaced.
7. An energy efficient floor heating system is used in conjunction with the Geo-thermal system, relating in a facility with an overall smaller carbon footprint than other venues of this size.