RUSTIC CHARM MEETS MODERN FUNCTIONALITY
Our fully customizable timber frame homes and cabins offer rustic beauty with the functionality of a modern living space.
Below are a few of the most popular reasons customers choose a Legacy Post & Beam living space:
- Open floor plans. The strength of post and beam comes from the bent framework, not the supporting walls like other forms of construction. This means that you have significantly more space to work with when deciding how to finish your home. Whether you’re looking for a large great room, an expansive dining room perfect for entertaining, or a wide range of other ideas, the space is yours for the finishing!
- Adding a loft (2nd floor) is extremely cost-effective. The structural components of a second floor are inherently a part of the bent work, so utilizing this space is just a matter of adding floor joists and materials.
- Structural materials add aesthetic appeal. The exposed timbers add a signature look and charm to the living space. Especially when compared to other forms of construction, where structural components are needed only for stability and thus must be covered up with drywall.
- Affordable. A post and beam living space is very similar in cost to a stick frame living space, especially if the stick frame structure is being finished to look like post and beam.
- Quality. When it comes to quality, Legacy is unmatched. Not only do we use kiln-dried Douglas fir for our bent work components, but we also include more items in our standard kit contents than many other kit providers. We do this to ensure your kit comes the way you expected it. After all, while we’re building your Legacy, we’re also building ours!
KIT STYLES/ROOFLINE OPTIONS
Our kits and prices are based on the roofline styles below. Each option provides a unique look that is beneficial in different scenarios. Once the roofline style is decided on, we work with customers on customizing the length, width, height, lean-tos, accessories, upgrades, and more of their kit, to ensure it fits their needs and budget.
LIVING SPACE BASICS
Take a detailed look at the components that make up a post and beam living space. Items in black text (in the key) are available from Legacy, either as a part of a standard kit, or upgrade option. Items in red text are not provided by Legacy but are shown for reference.
- Bent Framing (6×6” to 6×12” fully dimensional are typical, kiln dried rough cut Douglas Fir)
- Plate Connections (powder coated)
- Upgraded Purlins+
- Upgraded Roof Sheathing+
- Plastic Vapor Barrier+
- Nailbase Roof Insulation Panel+ (a. Foam Insulation | b. OSB Nailbase)
- Roofing Underlayment+
- Roofing Materials
- Upgraded Rough Cut Fascia Boards+
- 2×6 T&G Floor Decking*
- Rough Cut Floor Joists*
- Board & Batten Siding – rough cut pine
(Board – 1×10”, Batten – 1×4”)
- OSB Wall Sheathing++
- Wall Insulation
- Foundation – configurations vary (a. Slab-on-grade | b. Basement or Crawl Space, etc)
- Floor Trusses
- Basement Girder Beam System*
- Pressure Treated Sill Plate
- Vertical Wall Framing++
+ Included with Residential Roof Package
++ Included with Vertical Wall Framing Package
*Available as an upgrade/accessory option
Not provided by Legacy. Typical options shown for reference.
Learn more about what is included in our standard kit contents and accessory/upgrade options.