Sweeping open floor plans combined with timeless character are just a few of the reasons to choose post and beam for your commercial property needs (see more below).
Our commercial kits are fully customizable and utilize kiln-dried Douglas fir for the bent work components. They come in the form of pre-cut, pre-drilled, and labeled kits that are delivered directly to the customer’s site for simplified reassembly.
- Memorable Style. From elegant chandeliers, to comfy couches and rustic decor, the neutral (natural) look can be dressed up or down to create the perfect ambiance for anything from a formal wedding, to a cozy lodge, or distinct storefront.
- Open Floor Plans. In post and beam construction all of the weight is placed on the posts and the beams, which removes the need for supporting walls. This opens spaces up significantly, allowing for efficiently designed structures that maximize capacity limits and minimize owner investment.
- Structural Components Create Significant Aesthetic Appeal. The exposed timbers are a part of the signature look and charm of the property. Compare this to other forms of construction, where structural components are needed only for stability and must be covered up with drywall.
- Authentic Quality to Last for Generations. When it comes to quality, Legacy is unmatched. Not only do we use kiln-dried Douglas fir for our bent work components, but we also include more items in our standard kit contents than many other kit providers. We do this to ensure your kit comes the way you expected it. After all, while we’re building your Legacy, we’re also building ours!
KIT STYLES/ROOFLINE OPTIONS
Our kits and prices are based on the roofline styles below. Each option provides a unique look that is beneficial in different scenarios. Once the roofline style is decided on, we work with customers on customizing the length, width, height, lean-tos, accessories, upgrades, and more of their kit, to ensure it fits their needs and budget.
COMMERCIAL KIT BASICS
Take a detailed look at the components that make up a post and beam commercial kit. Items in black text are available from Legacy, either as a part of a standard kit, or upgrade option. Items in red text are not provided by Legacy but are shown for reference.
- Bent Framing (6×6” to 6×12” fully dimensional are typical, kiln-dried rough cut Douglas Fir)
- Plate Connections (powder coated)
- Upgraded Purlins+
- Upgraded Roof Sheathing+
- Plastic Vapor Barrier+
- Nailbase Roof Insulation Panel+ (a. Foam Insulation | b. OSB Nailbase)
- Roofing Underlayment+
- Roofing Materials
- Upgraded Rough Cut Fascia Boards+
- 2×6 T&G Floor Decking*
- Rough Cut Floor Joists*
- Board & Batten Siding – rough cut pine
(Board – 1×10”, Batten – 1×4”)
- OSB Wall Sheathing++
- Wall Insulation
- Foundation – configurations vary (a. Slab-on-grade | b. Basement or Crawl Space, etc)
- Floor Trusses
- Basement Girder Beam System*
- Pressure Treated Sill Plate
- Vertical Wall Framing++
+ Included with Residential Roof Package
++ Included with Vertical Wall Framing Package
*Available as an upgrade/accessory option
Not provided by Legacy. Typical options shown for reference.
Learn more about what is included in our standard kit contents and accessory/upgrade options.