The gambrel design is a traditional and picturesque style, representing the true beauty of classic barn architecture. This style is ideal for those with a significant need for living space.
- Features an iconic roofline with a double-pitch break
- Roofline allows for significant usable loft space
- Additional lean-tos or porches are easily added
- Available as one- or one-and-a-half-story design
- Commonly used for barns and commercial facilities, as well as homes
This style was made popular in the early 20th Century by farmers needing extra space for hay storage.